Monday, August 9, 2010

Introduction!

Welcome to my personal learning and reflection journal for GSE827 Education for Sustainable Development at Macquarie University.

This journal will document my reflective thinking about Education for Sustainable Development (EfSD) and map my journey in developing a framework for designing and evaluating EfSD programs.

I will reflect on issues and questions at the core of EfSD, such as:
  • interpretations of sustainability and sustainable development;
  • different models of educational practice;
  • conceptions and frameworks of EfSD;
  • desired outcomes for EfSD.
In this blog, I will try and collect teaching resources, sustainability-related multimedia and useful links. I will also collect references, excerpts and quotes from reference material, including scholarly articles and peer-reviewed books and journals. In the right hand box I have also placed links to other interesting blogs and feeds that cover current sustainability news and reflections.

The reflections in this blog may seems disjointed, or jumbled up: I don't believe that any learning journey is linear or a smooth process, and I'll note ideas and resources as they arrive during this learning process. I'll try and make some sense out of them through master (such as this one) and conclusions posts and the labels to the right and at the bottom of every post, which will help clump together like thoughts and issues. For example, all posts containing teaching resources may be accessed by clicking the teaching resource tag in the labels section.

I have developed a framework for designing and evaluating EfSD which brings together my conceptions of what EfSD is and how a successful EfSD programme should be developed and implemented (it may be found here). References used in the development of this journal can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment